- The Omron M7 Intelli IT blood pressure monitor, which also detects the possibility of Atrial fibrillation (AFib).
- Atrial fibrillation often goes undetected as it can be present without symptoms. The AFib function of the Omron M7 Intelli IT indicates potential AFib with high specificity (93.8 Percent) and sensitivity (95.5 Percent).
- When in AFib mode the Omron M7 Intelli IT takes three blood pressure readings and gives the average, which is a realistic indication of your morning and evening blood pressure over time.
- While measuring your blood pressure, should the device detect an irregular heartbeat on two or more occasions, you’ll see the AFib indicator flash up. This is not a diagnosis. It is only a potential finding for AFib.
- Keeping track of your blood pressure has never been easier than with the Omron M7 Intelli IT. The new design features a comparison mode allowing you to compare results from the 100 blood pressure readings it can store. You can also view weekly, morning or afternoon averages.
- You can also automatically transfer your blood pressure readings to your smartphone, once paired by Bluetooth, the Omron M7 Intelli IT will update the Omron connect app with all your latest measurements. The Omron connect app lets you follow you progress or share your readings with your doctor. You can also keep track with Alexa just ask, “What’s my latest blood pressure reading” or compare averages over time.
- Part of the Omron smart ecosystem to help you influence your heart’s health. The Omron connect app links Omron’s smart blood pressure monitors with VIVA the smart Body Composition Monitor – combining to give you more understanding of what effects your heart’s health.
Bilo G, Sala O, Perego C, et al. Impact of cuff positioning on blood pressure measurement accuracy: may a specially designed cuff make a difference?. Hypertens Res. 2017;40(6):573–580.
Omron Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor Instruction Manual
Topouchian J. et al. Clinical accuracy of the Omron M3 Comfort and the Omron Evolv for self-blood pressure measurements in pregnancy and pre-eclampsia - validation according to the Universal Standard Protocol. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2018 Aug 31;14:189-197.
Chahine M. et al. Validation of BP devices QardioArm in the general population and Omron M6 Comfort in type II diabetic patients according to the European Society of Hypertension International Protocol (ESH-IP). Med Devices (Auckl). 2017 Dec 27;11:11-20.
Market research by Kantar Health GmbH: European Survey with Cardiologists in 9 Countries n=69 (DE, FR, IT, ES, UK, NL, BE, PL and RU). May 2019. Data available on request.
Morillo, Carlos A et al. “Atrial fibrillation: the current epidemic.” Journal of geriatric cardiology : JGC vol. 14,3 (2017): 195-203.