Setting up your KardiaMobile 6L hardware for the first time:
1. Download the Kardia app from the App Store or Google Play Store. Be sure to use a compatible iOS or Android device (check the compatible device list here).
2. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on in your smartphone or tablet settings.
3. Launch the Kardia app and tap "Create Account".
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your account setup.
Record a 6-lead ECG
1. Open the app and tap "Record your first ECG".
2. Choose KardiaMobile 6L.
3. Select the 6-lead option.
4. When ready, hold the ECG device with your thumbs touching the top two electrodes. There's no need to squeeze or press down firmly. Make sure the device is in the correct orientation with the AliveCor "A" facing you.
5. With your thumbs resting on the top two electrodes, place the ECG device on the bare skin of your leg (knee or inside of the ankle). The bottom electrode should contact the skin.
6. Hold still as you watch the timer count down from 30 seconds, until your ECG recording is complete.
Record a single-lead ECG
1.Open the app and tap "Record your first ECG"
2. Choose KardiaMobile 6L. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up and pair your KardiaMobile 6L.
3. Lay device on a flat surface near your smartphone. Make sure the device is in the correct orientation with the AliveCor "A" facing you.
4. When ready, place two fingers from each hand on the top two electrodes. There's no need to squeeze or press down firmly.
5. Your recording will begin. Hold still as you watch the timer count down from 30 seconds, until your ECG recording is complete.
Features & Functionality:
KardiaMobile 6L is a 3-electrode personal ECG device that is capable of recording two kinds of ECGs: a Single-Lead ECG and a Six-Lead ECG, which provides more data for you to share with your doctor. Both ECG types detect normal sinus rhythm, atrial fibrillation, bradycardia, tachycardia, and indeterminate results (errors or unclassified rhythms). KardiaMobile 6L has two electrodes on the top surface and one on the bottom surface. It is powered by a replaceable battery, which is located under the bottom electrode. Bluetooth is used to wirelessly transmit ECG data from the device to your smartphone or tablet.
1. KardiaMobile 6L does not detect heart attack.
2. DO NOT change your medication without talking to your doctor.
3. Detection of possible Atrial Fibrillation (AF) in your ECG results are not to be used for diagnosis. If you are experiencing any concerning symptoms, contact your physician.
4. Result of "Bradycardia" or "Tachycardia" are designations of heart rate in the absence of AF, and are not to be used for diagnosis. Please consult with your physician should you receive consistent identifications of "Bradycardia" or "Tachycardia" .
5. “Unreadable” ECG results determines that you didn't have proper ECG recording for analysis. You may try to re-record your ECG.
KardiaMobile and AliveCor are trademarks of AliveCor, Inc. registered throughout the world.